We're Going Places ...
The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
Come Join us for the
ICIRA Spring Conference
Create Writing Connections
April 26th & 27th
Place: Boise State University, Student Union Building
Times: Friday night book-signing: 7:00 - 9:00 pm
at ReDiscover Books, downtown Boise
Saturday conference: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
at BSU's Student Union Building
- Heather Alexander, editor with Dial
- Sara Megibow, agent with Nelson Literary Agency
- Miriam Forster, debut author, City of a Thousand Dolls with Harper Teen
- Anne Osterlund, YA author of Aurelia, Exile, Academy 7, and Salvation
- Kristiana Gregory, author of over 30 books for middle-school readers including The Cabin Creek Series
- Sherry Meidell, Illustrator of The Centaur, The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs and more
- Scott Cook, Content Director, State of Idaho, Department of Education
- Sherry Dismuke, doctoral candidate, Boise State University, College of Education
- Roger Stewart, Professor, Boise State University, Department of Literacy
The Idaho Council was recognized at the 2012 International Reading Conference for:
GOLD Membership Achievement Award
EXEMPLARY Reading Program Award (for Wilder Elementary School)
Our future is looking bright!
Thank you to our current members and sponsors for all your hard work.
We couldn't do it without you.
The Idaho Council of the International Reading Association is a professional educational organization dedicated to promoting literacy throughout the Gem State: Children, Parents, Educators, Community
To join or renew your ICIRA membership, click here, print off a form, and mail it to address provided.
- Professional Development
- Service Projects
- A Unified Voice for Literacy
Connect on Facebook
Join our Facebook page and get regular updates and announcements!
Join forces with your local Rotary Club. See the ABCs of Literacy Project Ideas here.
Read the IRA Legislative Update and join an IRA Webinar by Dr. Richard Long, IRA's Director for Government Relations
Contact a Chairperson today to find out how you can help. Click here to see a list of committees and chairpersons.
Network With Us
Inside our members-only area you will find:
- ICIRA Member List (find members around the state)
- My Profile (join groups and network ideas)
- Community Forum (join discussions on current literacy topics like CCSS)
If you're an ICIRA member, log in! (See Top Red Band)
Your UserName is: LastNameF (like CahillM). Your password is your four-digit ICIRA membership #.
Contact Meleah and ask for your login username and password.
(Clip art licensed from the Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com)